Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tacos and Pennywise

Speaking of commercials aimed at pregnant women, or featuring pregnant women, or subtly implying sexy-time baby-making of some kind, there is a Taco Bell commercial running right now for one of their short-lived ‘crunchy cheesy chewy tasty tubby’ promo items. One that I refuse to get sucked into, mind you, because I always end up falling desperately and tragically in love with whatever short lived cheese-and-beef-and-rice-and-bean new and exciting creation they come up with, and then it goes away (I’m talking about my dream lover, the Cheesy Beefy Melt. Oh, Cheesy Beefy Melt, how I long for your touch.). There I sit, sobbing into my mundane everyday tacos once the promotion is over, thinking of those carefree days of specialty features long gone. Anyhow, the point I’m making is that the ad features a knocked up chick who gets her husband to run out to TB at some ungodly hour to satisfy her crazy pregnant craving. And the ad sadly represents me now. I think that 4+ Taco Bell meals in one week is officially a craving. I was even pitiful enough to buy one of the grocery store heat-in-60-seconds Taco Bell Santa Fe ‘bowls’ (which, disturbingly, would be a totally awesome quick and filling meal if served over some chips). Irritatingly, Taco Bell is the fast food chain farthest from my house, so I always eat it lukewarm. But with great gusto.

My Taco Bell order (never strays from this, unless the Cheesy Beefy Melt is in town or I am dying for a Spicy Chicken Soft Taco, although I have to be careful because some TB’s put a disgusting mayonnaise goo product on their SCST’s):

Combo #5, Crunchy Taco Supreme and a Nachos Bellgrande
½ Sierra Mist, ½ Fruit Punch to drink
Side of rice (which I pour over the nachos)

Yes, I love Taco Bell right now so much that I devoted a whole blog post to it. I’m going to go somewhere and cry mild sauce now because I'm so pitiful. Hey, at least it wasn't potatoes and sour cream, right? RIGHT?!

I have got to stop posting about food.

(p.s. On my way home, I saw what I thought was a child’s ball stuck in one of the storm sewer gratings around the corner from my house – BUT IT WAS A BALLOON! How terrifying is THAT?!!)

No comments: