Friday, January 18, 2008

100th Post

Can you believe it? Not only that I made it this far, and am pregnant a mere year later, but have also continued writing and posting?! Personally, I’m a little shocked. In my 100th Post Retrospective, looking back to last January I really don’t think I ever guessed I would actually make it to this point (with Junior, not the blog). Hence the total surprise and shock when I got pregnant that first time. No matter the years of planning, the reality was way too much to deal with.

I look back at those initial posts http://diypregnancy.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html and think about what I did wrong, what I did right, all my worries and fears and hopes, and how much different things are today from those first days. My job is different, my home will soon be different (yes, it looks like we’re going to try listing the house again and take a loss, which is beyond stressful to think about (moving when I’m 7-8 months pregnant), but I still know it’s probably for the best), my relationships are different, I’m different. I look at all the things that I planned for that didn’t happen, and all the things I didn’t know were coming that I couldn’t possibly have planned for (this nesting thing is really super crazy! I finished the baby blanket and am panicky to start ANOTHER one).

2007 was a tough year in a lot of ways, but 2008 is off to a pretty good start. If I were the kind of person to count blessings, I'd say I had my fair share right now despite some of the so-bad-I-don't-talk-about-it-anymore stuff. Junior and I are healthy and reasonably stable and have plans and friends and loved ones. And soon, each other.

No comments: