Thursday, September 13, 2007

Yep, This Is It

I figured I should think positively and go ahead and find an OB/GYN (since I should have one anyhow), so called the UNC Women’s Health Center. That call was a perfect example of why I don’t like doctors; it’s not the doctors themselves necessarily, it’s all the bureaucratic crap we’ve had to create in order to just go see one. I called the main number and was told, as a new patient, I had to be assigned a Medical Records Number. So I called another number and did that. Then I had to call a separate number for scheduling. I was told I couldn’t just see a doctor, I had to have an initial 2-hour visit with a nurse. Meh. The best was when she was like, ‘Reason for visit?’ and I was like, ‘New patient appointment. And, uh, mumble mumble pregnancy blood test’. She caught on immediately. ‘Are you pregnant?’ she demanded. ‘Uh, uh-huh’, I muttered like a 15-year old. It was very embarrassing for both of us. Plus I was trying to keep it down because Loud was stalking around the house screaming into his phone as usual, and I was worried he would be able to hear. And I don’t want anyone else to know yet. I still don’t regret telling people last time, but I definitely learned my lesson.

Anyhow, that little chore being checked off my list went a long way towards admitting I might actually have a baby this time. Although it was still surprisingly hard just to type those words, so I’ve still got a ways to go. So October 15th is the first Official Baby Appointment. And right now I’ve got to head to the airport, of course, because apparently the way I like to celebrate a positive pregnancy test is to immediately fly somewhere. Alistair’s first visit to Salt Lake City, Utah, coming right up!

No comments: