Friday, September 14, 2007

Girl - 3; Boy - 0

I can't remember if I mentioned that Quiet has had some pretty peculiar dreams lately about children. I think my favorite was one that was subconciously guilt-laden about the whole 'Daddy' thing, where he encountered these little kids playing in his car (that's the realistic part of the dream where children are destructive, irritating, and violate your personal space and possessions) and he yelled at them, and they asked if he would adopt them or something like that. He, of course, sensibly said 'No', and then later something something blah blah (it was his dream, sheesh), he felt he had to protect and care for the kids. Interesting, huh? Better than him dreaming he runs over them with his car.

He also has had a dream or two where my baby is there in some incarnation and it's definitely a girl. This is funny to us because, unlike a lot of single moms who worry about having boys, I am terrified of having a girl. Girls are CRAZY. And mean. And emotional. And I was all those things, plus more, growing up. I have no problems cleaning an uncircumsized penis, or roughhousing, or with any of the 'boy' stuff; however, I shudder at the thought of peer pressure, the birth control talk, cheerleading, and girl/daddy issues. I do love the idea of nicknaming my potential daughter 'Junior', though, I think that's freaking adorable. And the hand-me-downs from my niece, that would be cost-saving. It's strange because originally I always imagined a girl but somewhere along the line talked myself into a boy (no clue how/why). But still, a GIRL?! We already have a baby girl in the family, let's please have a boy next.

So Quiet's prediction is #1 for 'Girl'. Then this afternoon I did this lame Gender Predictor thingie at the BabyZone(link) website, and it said 'Girl'. So that's #2. Personally, that would be just my luck (and proof that there is a God - an angry, venegeful God), so my vote for Girl is #3. We'll see what other predictions turn up, especially when I start to tell people.

No comments: