Friday, September 7, 2007

Service Warranties Invalidated Here

Since Quiet says that Fridays are for posting, I figured I'd share with everyone my exciting adventure in taking apart my laptop(s). See, since I'm starting a new job but at the same company, I was sent a secondhand laptop that was the exact same make and model as my current friend, except that the previous owner wasn't as meticulous as I was (ok, we can say 'compulsive'). My (old) laptop was in better shape on the outside, and inside they run about the same. I would've liked to just send the new/used one back in place of my current/old one, but there are little things like tags and stickers and mysterious identification codes that would give me away.

So I took them both apart and swapped out all the stuff that was nicer and cleaner. Monitor, keyboard, and casing were stripped from the 'new' machine and put onto my 'old' machine to be sent back. I then put the stuff from my current-soon-to-be-old onto the 'new', and voila! My 'new' system looks just like my 'old' system; uh, new.

I had two screws left over, but I wasn't too worried. And I didn't electrocute myself! (even though I realized I had one machine still plugged in and, um, running, when I was removing the monitor).

1 comment:

...said the firefly to the hurricane said...

Wow! I am super impressed! Want a job with us? We're really nice guys and look good in jeans as well!