Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Screw Confinement

I am so excited! I just signed up for fat mommy-to-be swim class! (they don’t call it that, though)

Ask me again when it’s the end of the day on Thursday and I’m dead-tired exhausted and nauseous, but right now I cannot WAIT until my first ‘Prenatal AquaMoms’. I found a class not too far from the house. I hope there aren’t pool noodles, since pool noodles get me kicked out of water classes*. The instructor was a little freaked out that I hadn’t been to see my OB yet, since they normally require a signed consent form. How am I suppose to explain that I like to self-diagnose, and that I refused to pay a $20 copay for my current doctor to basically do the exact same test I had done, three times, at home?

So the exercise plan so far is treadmill every other day, water aerobics once a week, and then I’ll pick up prenatal yoga in like the fifth or sixth month. I think that is reasonable – nothing too radical or shocking to my poor sedentary body.

Um, I hope I continue to fit in my most recent well-worn barely-decent bathing suit through December. That is NOT something I want to have to go try and buy during the off-season. My goal was to be pregnant in the winter specifically because I would be able to cover every inch of me. Plus I just think I would look really cute in a black turtleneck and denimn skirt with a big belly poking out. Omg, and I just realized I would meet other area preggers ladies. Maybe I'll make a new friend. Egh, I hate small talk. I hope they aren't all super lame and skinny and extremely well coordinated and in bathing suits that fit.


*I like the sound it makes when you slap a pool noodle on the pool surface. Really, I’m still that immature. I can’t stop doing it, even when asked.

No comments: