Friday, October 19, 2007

Today’s Basic Functionality Brought to You By Vicodin

This week I’ve been in non-scenic Schaumburg for training, and have been pleasantly surprised by the delightfully chilly temperatures. Of course, the training room itself has averaged either 50 degrees or 90 degrees, nothing in between, which has made things either pee-inducing or unbearably nauseating. For the most part the sleepiness and barfiness have been very well behaved, which is a huge relief. Mama’s little helper, Pepsi, has contributed, I’m sure.

Of course I’ve been sleeping like crap despite being so tired that I can’t keep my eyes open past 9:00 pm. This every-2-hour potty schedule HAS to stop. Last night I was very strict with myself and managed to skip the 2 am bathroom run, and got a stretch of sleep between midnight and 4:30 that would’ve been great, except for the splitting headache that woke me up. I don’t know what the deal is with the mini-migraines this week, whether it’s the food or the exhaustion or the weather or something else totally random and stupid. All I know is, I’ve had to ration the Vicodin due to limited supply and blind unreasonable fear that somehow, every time I seek relief from the throbbing incapacitating pain, I am hurting Alistair. ½ pill seems to buy 3-4 hours of relief, so that’s working ok so far.

I’m just so excited to be going home tonight. 4 hours to go til I head to O’Hare, where I have already told myself I am DEFINITELY not allowed to have a delicious Chicago-style hot dog. (*Note: I ended up hanging out in the Happiest Place on Earth, the Admiral's Club, so had no need for such a thing due to the abundance of free snacks)





9 weeks today! My first appointment is Monday! Blaarrrgghhh!

No comments: