Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Barfy in Boston

Another lame update. The Vicodin did nothing yesterday and I finally took some Tylenol at about 3 ish, but basically I had the headache and unbelievable nausea all day. I had an awkward moment when I went to one of the other buildings for a meeting and almost hurled in the bushes in the parking lot. I sat in the car for 15 minutes with the AC blasting on me, thinking happy non-vomitous thoughts. I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this here before, but I wouldn’t be so petrified of throwing up at work/in a random parking lot/in the rental car if not for the fact that I uncontrollably pee myself when I barf. And I couldn’t cope with the thought of having to cancel my afternoon meetings so that I could go back to the hotel for recycled pants. So I managed to keep everything together, did the meetings, and made it in the door of my hotel room just in time to splatter the bathroom floor. *sigh* I crawled into bed at 7 pm and was asleep by 8:00 after nibbling at a Chili’s To-Go side salad with no dressing and some Kraft Dinner. Thank god Chili’s has KD on their children’s menu.

The good news is, the very light and cheerfully pink spotting only made that one-time-only showing, and there was no cramping, so hopefully Alistair has settled back down and is happily gloating about making me blow chunks everywhere but in the toilet. Today I feel better (hmm, must be the 12 HOURS sleep I got), so I’ll venture some fruit and maybe a salad for lunch and see where the afternoon takes me.

No comments: