Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Baby Goes to Boston - Again

As I sit here in the corporate office under flickering fluorescents in an institutional grey cubicle popping yet another Vicodin and forcing myself to gnaw on a bagel, I find it oddly reassuring to get the email updates from all the various sites (WhatToExpect, BabyZone, BabyCenter), reminding me just exactly why I am miserable and to suck it up. I think it’s cool (in a slightly grody creepy way) to read that the Potential Person is forming hair follicles and finger nails this week, and has now graduated to ‘fetus’ status. You grow, kid! Also, the head is equal in length to the rest of its body, which cracks me up. Since it’s a child of mine, that head will unfortunately likely stay pretty big. Our family has a lot of fat-headed children.

10 days until the First Trimester test. How funny is it that THAT appointment will be the first time this pregnancy is actually ‘confirmed’? When I’m 12 weeks gone?

And… a super lousy update. I just got back from one of my oh-so-frequent trips to the ladies’ room (at least it’s conveniently located like 8 feet from this crappy cubicle) and there seems to be a little spotting going on. Why is it that this stuff always happens when I’m away from home? When I can’t just go crawl into bed and pull the blankets over my head and hide from the world? I really, really do not want to have a miscarriage while I am in Boston. Uh, or at all.

No comments: