Thursday, October 4, 2007

Dreams, Sweat and Tears

I had an interesting dream last night. Well, several, actually. I’ve been having some really weird ones lately (part of one last night, Kathy Griffin called to talk to Quiet about something, and I was miffed because she didn’t want to talk to me). Anyhoo, my subconscious is getting more and more pushy and obvious about the things I am most preoccupied with.

Last night I dreamt I was pregnant, and had to tell my boss (who in the dream was a man – weird!). She/he took it pretty rough, and then asked me to review some paperwork in order to prepare for the maternity leave. One of the documents was a job description for my position.

So APPARENTLY I am worried about going out on leave and losing my job. Just because I would have to live in a refrigerator box and eat no-name Ramen noodles and government cheese doesn’t mean I should be concerned. When I do finally manage to successfully knock myself up I will be in a protected category, at least for a little while. Who knew I was regardless nervous? I guess, uh, I did.

Next week I’ll be in The Not-Because-Of-Weather Windy City (look it up, it’s super lame), Chicago, for boring-ass training. Hello, it’s October, and I was hoping that at least a Northern city would have some nice cool weather. But nooooooooooooo. Damn this global warming! Damn it to unseasonably warm hell!

To spite the gorgeous sunny 85 degree day we're having I booked a hotel for the drive home at Christmas, thereby officially committing to both driving and spending time with my family. I figure it will just be easier and way cheaper than dealing with airports at the holidays and having to ship gifts. Plus I'll have my precious baby (my car, Rader) with me. Splitting up the trip forces me to take it a little easier, especially pre-scheduling a halfway point stop. Despite the stupidity of driving, I then proved how brilliant I am by registering for an audio book club, in order to spend the next few months ripping entertainment for said long and tortuous ride. David Sedaris was the only reason I made it last time. Let me know if you have any recommendations.

No comments: