Friday, April 4, 2008

My Blog May Be Boring But at Least My Family is Still Weird

I guess this is what happens when I no longer live with emotionally wracked gay men any more – my life becomes unexciting and my blog will soon be totally unreadable except by people who own Bedazzlers and think that small dogs (other than Jack Russell terriers, obviously) are cute. My big adventure for today was finding my nearest Kroger, since Food Dog was a bust and I’m really pretty store-faithful to the Big K (uh, unless they have a store-brand soda named ‘Big K’, which I think they might – I would never drink that). Anywhoodle, I was a little worried because my new Kroger is in a bit of a rough section of town (translation - I was the only white girl in the store). That’s never bothered me, though, and my new Kroger is NICE! It’s very spacious, and well-stocked, and although it does not have the aforementioned Windmill cookies it DOES have Stewart’s Orange Cream Soda, so it’s forgiven. I also got called ‘Honey’ a lot, which I always like, and more strangers told me that I was huge and was going to go into labor any second, which I do not. And I bought a dozen eggs. Easter Crème Eggs. They’re on clearance for like 19 cents, I can’t cope.

I got a package from an Aunt and Uncle yesterday that made me cry. I’ve never thought to put a gift bag full of stuff in a Fed Ex mailer. It was awesome, all ribbons and shredded tissue. There were a ton of awesome presents for Junior (the cool baby photo album, some teether-type toys, a bunch of onesies and sleepers and socks), a Target gift card, and a check. Ask me how much the check was for. $38.88. I sat and stared at it for like ½ hour, and finally had to call them. The significance of the number? None whatsoever. My uncle ‘just likes eights’. Poor Junior. She’s got nothing but crazy genes on both sides. But the thought was unbelievably sweet, especially for family I’m not all that close to, and then the same Aunt emailed me today to remind me that my family all loved and supported me and that I could always ask for anything, which just made me cry all over again. So I’m feeling less depressed and more oh-yeah-I’m-really-very-lucky. Oooh, and I got baby schwag! I went to the pediatrician orientation last night (bo-ring!) and they gave out Similac diaper bags loaded with haul; cans of formula, bottles, bottle insulators with ice packs, samples, coupons. The orientation itself was pretty lame (although nice to know they have Saturday and Sunday hours, and always have advice nurses 24/7) and I was the only singleton there with 8 married couples, but hey, free stuff!

In ‘OMG I CANNOT LIVE ANOTHER SECOND WITHOUT THIS EVEN THOUGH I’M POSITIVE IT’S A PIECE OF TOTAL CRAP!’ product endorsement news, this is the newest lame-ass item that I’ve seen an infomercial for and will die unless I buy it. Except that it’s like $80, which is too much for even me. So I see a commercial and freak out and glare at my filthy floors which couldn’t possibly be cleaned with anything else, and then 10 minutes later I’ve forgotten about it.

And, finally, it’s FRIDAY! A week of pretending to be doing work while being sick and trying to unpack stuff and having molasses for brains takes its toll. Tomorrow is Coach’s birfday, which is very exciting. And my chore list for the house is to finish unpacking my bedroom (including the closet, ugh), break down some of the Box Fort I’ve built in the garage, and hang some accoutrements (curtains, shelves, etc.). The nursery I pretty much finished yesterday, and the guest room at 2:30 am (seriously – I had insomnia again and figured I might as well do something constructive), so I’m in pretty decent shape. Monday is my first appointment with the new OB/GYN and I’m going to pre-register at the hospital – exciting!

No comments: