Thursday, February 21, 2008

Debbie Just Hit the Wall

I had a little mini-breakdown yesterday and was looking at why I hit the wall, and came up with this list. It's stuff I did yesterday. It makes me feel a little better. JUST BREATHE.
  1. Made appointment for Saturday morning to interview potential Nanny. Draft interview questions.
  2. Follow up on house offer (there's another offer on the table, the sellers are out of town, argh)
  3. Get estimates for painting Nursery and Master in new house before I move in
  4. Follow up with Loud and Quiet on contractor status for their stuff
  5. Follow up with contractors for my stuff
  6. Make appointment for Rex hospital tour Monday, March 10 at 12:30
  7. Do job (a million conference calls, finish report)
  8. Cry from stress then give up and take short nap to try to shake headache
  9. Attempt to schedule birthing class around coach’s packed schedule; frustrate coach, frustrate self, frustrate class instructors
  10. Update packing list with completed items, new to-do items, and revised dates
  11. Calls with agent (5)
  12. Reschedule hair appointment due to conflict with March birthing class
  13. Cancel shopping expedition with friend due to Nanny interview conflict
  14. Confirm cleaning crew for 12-2 Friday
  15. Post Conference cancellation due to move
  16. Call new potential OB/GYN to see what I needed to do to become a patient. Call UNC to get medical records released to new OB/GYN for their review and consideration. Fax completed paperwork for release. Schedule follow-up to verify records were sent/received and make first appointment. Start to research pediatricians local to (potential) new house.
I have about 4-6 documents I'm updating daily to try to keep on top of everything, plus my Outlook calendar. I've got a packing list, a repairs list, a Word calendar, a work Open Items list, and a Junior document. It's making me crazy. There is still no word on the offer I put in on the other house. I spent 20 minutes today apologizing to our agent, who had to spend an hour with Loud and was ready to drop us as customers.

On an 'awwww!' side note, I had my first holding-Junior-in-my-arms dream last night. It was VERY cool. I was at the hospital, and all my friends and family were there, and she was very cute (although I still called her ‘Junior’, which was funny). I remember how I felt in the dream – filled with love, and thrilled she was finally here, and protective, and proud… it was awesome. I woke up and was like, 'Ok, bring it!' *sigh* Still so long to go.

No comments: