Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Take What You Can Get

Well, it’s shaping up to be a nice quiet mid-week day. My Cassette to MP3 converter arrived yesterday afternoon, so I got to install and play with new technology. It’s pretty darn cool, although it was a little emotional to listen to some of the tapes I haven’t played in 10 years, since back when I was working in daycare, and I got a bit misty-eyed thinking about playing the songs for Junior. Now I just need some sort of MP3-playing nursery device.

I also learned how to stream photos and music to my friend Tivo yesterday, which was kind of cool. I had a little disagreement with the server but we got it worked out. It’s awesome with my surround sound. I need to do that when I’m in the kitchen cooking. Now if only Tivo would stop arbitrarily recording old episodes of ‘That 70’s Show’. No one needs that.

Since my parents will be here day after tomorrow I started finalizing house-guests-are-arriving- type stuff. I borrowed an air bed for my brother to sleep on and wiped an old laptop so he can play online poker or surf for pron or do whatever boys his age do in the privacy of my office (since I won’t be using it again for work for quite some time, huzzah!). I snuck into my friend D’s house and took her coffee maker, since my parents can’t live without their scientifically computed regular-decaf blend every night after dinner and I am trying to minimize the stress as much as I can before they get here. Maybe I’ll child-lock all the sports channels while I’m at it. I've got a list of activities planned for the first few days they're here that I'm hoping will be called on account of labor, but better safe than trapped in the house watching my mum polish my tea kettle and my dad try to engage me in a political discussion.

My breakfast nook lights were installed yesterday, so that should be the last thing around the house I have to spend money on for quite some time. Uh, other than an entranceway table of some sort. So, house done, laundry up to date, guest rooms ready, going crazy at ‘work’, tired and sore and cranky. Only two more days online, so enjoy this tiny bit of entertainment while you can! I am again getting panic attacks at night about the reality of having a baby. Maybe my heart racing will induce labor. I started on the Fenugreek so I'll let you know about that.

1 comment:

Rector Funhouse said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot you worked in day care! Ha, that was a long time ago.

Re: nursery music player, we use a CD player that has an ipod hookup. It's handy because it's small (fits on her bookshelf) and we have a combination of lullaby CDs that we've never ripped + we can plug in the ipod. Something to consider.

Smart to borrow a coffee maker.