Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Storytime

One of the many things I miss about Quiet is that he was always a great audience. I still think of him first when something stupid or funny or awful or happy happens. There have been a million such occasions since Thanksgiving, where I have picked up the phone or drafted an email or started to rise to go find him, then stopped when I remembered.

So here’s my list of 10 Boston Stories I Wish I Could Share With Quiet:

1. “How I Got Banned From the Logan Airport Avis Shuttle Service”, or, “Why I Kicked a Bus”, or, “The Day a Driver Threatened to ‘Break Both My Legs’”
2. “Scandalously Inappropriate Office Wear As Modeled by a Previous Manager of Mine Who Once Offered to Buy Me ‘Hello Kitty’ Underwear”
3. “My Bosses React to the News About Junior”
4. “Getting Lost in North Boston, In a Blizzard, At Night, In a Mustang – Crying Does Not Help the Tires Stick to the Road”
5. “1,000 Things I Love About Marriott”
6. “Cafeteria Curry – Never a Good Idea in ANY Trimester”
7. “Winter Sucks”
8. “A Corporate Office Worker Learns I Live With Loud – ‘Don’t Tell Anyone Else That You Even Know Him’”
9. “Wrapping Gifts for Needy Children – My Team’s Disappointing Taste in Wrapping Paper”
10. “The Time I Learned That My Last Pair of Dress Pants No Longer Fit – A Tale in 5 Straining Safety Pins”

And I’ve only been here a day and a half.

*sigh*

I miss Quiet.

No comments: