Tuesday, February 6, 2007

February Made Me Shiver

Here we are in cold, cold February. I have no idea what to post, since I’m so blah about the whole thing; don’t want to get my hopes up, don’t want to get stressed out and have a week-late period again, convinced I’m pregnant the whole time. Don’t want to have to put Quiet through this mess for another week, don’t want to have to be charting my BBT because I’m worried being late has thrown off my whole cycle and it’s not like I was that good at reading it in the first place.
On the plus side, I had a delicious guilt-free dirty martini last night at my jewelry show and it was oh-so-tasty. Loud has promised that he will quit drinking to support me (and prove a point) for the nine months of my pregnancy, which will be tough on Quiet; the two of us, sober for that long? He’ll have a serious drinking problem by the time I deliver, poor guy.

So… another day or two and we’ll get to work brewing up another batch of Elf Magic. I need to go buy a better pregnancy test, like a digital one, no more screwing around with little lines or colors or that crap. I also need to check and see if we’re running low on specimen cups. Still much cheaper than paying to use a service! Loud is out of town for work this week and it’s just me and Quiet, and it’s very, uh, quiet around the house. And cold, did I mention the cold? I’m going to start painting my home office this week. I’d love to start the nursery, but I don’t want to be Miss Havisham and go all crazy if I can’t get pregnant, so that will have to wait. That’s all this is, is waiting. You wait to try and catch the perfect date to inseminate, you wait to see if it worked, you wait again when it doesn’t. I’m in a perpetual state of standing on the brink, and all this breathless anticipation is very tiring.

No comments: